The most important thing to understand if you have been injured is that you can have an attorney review your case without cost or obligation.

Whether you were hurt in a car accident, work-related accident or you have sustained any other type of injury, you can have your case reviewed free of charge and without any obligation to move forward.

Whether you feel another party may be fully or even partially negligent for your injury, talk to a lawyer today. If you decide to move forward with a case, there are no up-front costs; the firm is paid a percentage of any recovery we make on your behalf.

In other words, if we do not win, you pay nothing.

St. Paul Car Accident Lawyers – Personal Injury Protection Insurance

Automobile accidents involving personal injuries are governed by the Minnesota No-Fault Insurance Act. Injury accidents involving cars, trucks, bicycles, pedestrians and buses may all trigger principles from the No-Fault Act. Motorcycle accidents receive unique treatment under the law.

If you have been injured in an accident involving a motor vehicle, contact Krug & Zupke, P.C. promptly so the issues of wage loss, medical bill payment, and fault can all be properly assessed. Having No-Fault automobile insurance is required by Minnesota law for any vehicle driven in the State of Minnesota. Insurers therefore collect millions in premium dollars from Minnesotans. Yet, Insurers will do what they can within the law to defeat or minimize valid claims. Understanding the application of the No-Fault Law and the strategies employed by Insurers and their attorneys are important in the presentation of your claim.

What constitutes an injury covered by No-Fault Personal Injury Protection (PIP) insurance coverage?

It is a physical injury that occurs due to the maintenance or use of a motor vehicle. Much litigation occurs over this definition.

What is covered by PIP insurance coverage?

The Minnesota No-Fault Insurance Law provides that the insurance covering your vehicle shall cover your basic Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits that include (1) medical bill payment including surgeries, hospitalizations, diagnostic tests, chiropractic and physical therapy care, and home health care nursing services, among many. The minimum amount of medical coverage is $20,000; and (2) lost wages calculated as 85% of your weekly gross wage loss or a maximum of $500 per week. Wage loss may also cover the loss of self-employment income including the hiring of replacement workers. In some circumstances, PIP benefits may cover job relocation services.

What if I don’t own a vehicle? Can I still obtain PIP coverage?

Yes, from the insurance covering the other involved vehicle whether a bus, another car or a truck. Coverage may also be available through an insured vehicle at your place of residence. If no coverage is available, it may be secured through the Minnesota Assigned Claims Plan.

What is covered by the negligent driver’s insurance coverage?

PIP coverage is limited and covers only lost income and medical claims subject to coverage limitations. If your injury claims meet minimum requirements of law, called thresholds, you may claim any or all of the following from the other driver’s insurance:

Free initial appointment can be made by calling 651-645-7746. ValidaTed Free Parking is available in the Spruce Tree Centre Ramp connected to Spruce Tree Centre.